Hope you had a good March? Mine was very busy; managed to speak at a few events, be featured in a magazine and read some great books. And enjoyed the early spring sunshine! And now finally got round to writing a monthly recap.
Here are the most popular posts from the home front:
- How To Use SlideShare for Your Content Marketing [10 Tips] a hidden gem for marketers
- LinkedIn and Personal Branding Presentation [Slides & Video] my talk at the Nordic Career forum in London
- The Start-Up of You by Reid Hoffman [Book Review] LinkedIn founder’s new book
- 10 Ways to Make Social Media Work for Your Personal Brand my article in Shortlist Magazine
- LinkedIn? Yes Please, We’re British [UK Facts and Stats] interesting new LinkedIn stats for the Greatest Britain of them all
Some other cool links:
- I Blog for Content, Not Comments. Surprised? at Windmill Networking
- What if an Employer Requests my Facebook Password? at The Undercover Recruiter
- 15 Presentation and Speaking Tips that Rock at Junta 42
- Russian Empire pictures from 1909 to 1912 at the BBC News site
- How To Use Pinterest for Social Recruiting at The Undercover Recruiter
Upcoming events in April:
- Advanced LinkedIn Training for Recruiters, 11th of April, Covent Garden, London
- LinkedIn Masterclass Workshop, 17th of April at Covent Garden, London
- Personal Branding from the Inside Out, 9th of May, Leicester Sq, London
This is what Patrick Powers had to say after attending Personal Branding from the Inside Out:
My most retweeted joke last month:
If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
Best quote I read in March:
“The goal is not to be good at social media. The goal is to be good at business because of social media. Never forget that.” – Jay Baer
That’s it for this month, any questions or suggestions please get in touch!