Here’s a list of Personal Branding quotes NOT from the usual suspects of Personal Branding experts but from people who have achieved remarkable things and built up great brands. Please add any more you can think of in the comments section!
- “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
- “All of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.” – Tom Peters in Fast Company
- “Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it’s not going to get the business.” – Warren Buffett, Investor and philantropist
- “Personal branding is about managing your name — even if you don’t own a business — in a world of misinformation, disinformation, and semi-permanent Google records. Going on a date? Chances are that your “blind” date has Googled your name. Going to a job interview? Ditto.” – Tim Ferriss, Author of the 4-Hour Work Week
- “Branding demands commitment; commitment to continual re-invention; striking chords with people to stir their emotions; and commitment to imagination. It is easy to be cynical about such things, much harder to be successful.” - Sir Richard Branson, CEO Virgin
- “It’s important to build a personal brand because it’s the only thing you’re going to have. Your reputation online, and in the new business world is pretty much the game, so you’ve got to be a good person. You can’t hide anything, and more importantly, you’ve got to be out there at some level.” - Gary Vaynerchuk, Author of Crush it!
- “If I lost control of the business I’d lose myself–or at least the ability to be myself. Owning myself is a way to be myself.” – Oprah Winfrey, Television mogul
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernhard Shaw, Author
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm Forbes, Publisher
- “Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken”. – Oscar Wilde, Author and Playwright
Related: The Best Career Quotes of All Time.